Benefits of Unbundled Services:
We offer the option for clients to retain our services on a limited retainer basis, also known as unbundled legal services. The potential advantages to you are:
- Costs: Your decisions about what you need professional help with can minimize your costs.
- Control: You decide what issues and steps with which you want us involved.
Examples of unbundled services for self-represented parties :
- Drafting court documents (pleadings, conference briefs, affidavits, notices of motion, etc.) and filing same;
- Consulting on a specific issue;
- Preparing you for court appearances, mediation, and examinations; and
- Appearing with you in court for conferences, motions, trial, etc.
- Preparing memorandums of law
- Assist in drafting parenting plans
- Assist in preparing a financial statement
- Assist with what disclosure is necessary
- Drafting a separation agreement
The Way Unbundled Services Work:
Your lawyer will act as your agent in a court proceeding and not your lawyer of record. Your lawyer can advise and represent you, but you (and not your lawyer) will be the point of contact for the other side (unless you decide otherwise). This can reduce the costs and enable you to do some of the work on your own when you are comfortable doing so